Tuesday 25 August 2009

Food Journey #7 -- Ootoya 大戶屋

So, I lied about going to Tonkichi Tonkatsu Seafood via twitter yesterday(http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=5182) and instead I ended up at Ootoya opposite Times Square. Reason being is that it was the only restaurant which I didnt have to wait & plus I have always heard a lot of good things about their Blue Fin Tuna Rice Bowl. Restaurant is nicely located on the 3f opposite Times Square with a nice view overlooking Times Square. Dishes we ordered: **1 x Kirin Beer ($15) -- $15 for a beer in a restaurant is very reasonable!! **1 x Fried Mini Oyster (廣島炸蠔) -- very "mini" as specified on menu but taste was very sweet. Too bad the sauce to go with the oyster was a bit revolting! **1 x Set of Fried Chicken with Rice, Soba Noodles -- deep fried chicken is very juicy and not greasy at all and very tender texture. Rice was very chewy, just the way I like it and goes very well with the vinegrette sauce for the lettuce. Soba noodles were very chilled and texture was again to perfection. However, the fried chicken has improvement areas as I rate Tonkichi is still Hong Kong's #1. **1 x Blue Fin Tuna Rice Bowl -- This was a very special bowl of blue fin tuna rice as the tuna was at its best and the texture of the rice did not disappoint. Too bad I drowned the bowl with soya sauce & wasabi but THUMBS UP, definitely worth every single penny!!!! :) 1 x Fried Potato Mash Ball (炸薯餅) -- Not a fan of this dish as after munching on so much carbs, this is the least dish that I will need during the course. Took 1 bite of this and it wasnt too greasy and the taste was decent. But again, I am not the one to judge as I have never been a fan of potatoes. Overall, a very pleasant experience and I will encourage you all to visit this place and share with me your thoughts. Remember to order the Blue Fin Tuna Rice Address: 銅鑼灣羅素街8號3樓 (3/f, No.8 Russell Street, Causeway Bay) Tel: 2573-8333 Food Quality (5* the highest): 3/1/2* Price (5$ = very expensive): $

No comments:

Post a Comment