Sunday 23 August 2009

Food Journey #4 -- 八八八拉麵 Ramen Sanpachi

Beautiful Sunday in Hong Kong today and one of my regular hot spots is 八八八拉麵 Ramen Sanpachi in Causeway Bay -- because it DID have the most authentic Japanese Pork Ramen Noodles. Today's adventure totally disappointed me as I have been craving for their noodles for some time but the moment I gurped onto the noodles, something was different about it.
Here is what missus and I ordered:
*Spicy Pork Ramen Noodles
*Regular Pork Ramen Noodles
*Deep Fried Chicken Cutlets (YUM)
Regular Pork Ramen Noodle is very boring as I prefer some sort of a spice kick on Sundays. The Spicy Pork Ramen Noodles were first of all NOT SPICY AT ALL, and the broth was very very watery. The texture of the noodles were slightly different comparing to before. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTING!!!!
Only dish whichrescued the whole lunch experience was the deep fried chicken cutlets -- not too greasy and perfect taste and texture with a dash of lemon & Japanese Mayo! :)
Address: 銅鑼灣軒尼斯道499號永光商業大廈B2地庫 (B2, Wing Kwong Commercial Building, 499 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong) Tel: 2893-2388
Food Quality (5* the highest): *
Price (5$ = very expensive) : $

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geoff,

    Great post.
    I love nutty notes from fried chicken.

    Good ramen is hard to find.

    keep writing

    Rayfil Wong

    ReplyDelete